Sepharad Chronicles: Our Quest for Semah de Valencia. Streets of Sagunto Jewish Quarter. | Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche Valencia
|Portalet near Roman Amphitheater|
|Sagunto Castle from one of the narrow streets of Jewish Quarter.|
|We continued walking west from the arc.|
The Jewish Quarter was located on the west side of the Roman theater and was fortified in 1321, with the permission of James II. In 1328 the community was granted permission to acquire land for a new cemetery.
More about Jewish Quarter of Sagunto:
Morviedro is the medieval name for the modern town of Sagunto